HKDF example

Eloisa Guevara G.
Hi Im looking for a sample of HKDF class
I have a key and I want to derive it, could someone help me?

Here is the class reference, but I would like to see an example. Thanks

https://www.cryptopp.com/docs/ref/class_h_k_d_f.html

Re: HKDF example

Jeffrey Walton-3

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 4:27:15 PM UTC-4, Eloisa Guevara G. wrote:
Hi Im looking for a sample of HKDF class
I have a key and I want to derive it, could someone help me?

Here is the class reference, but I would like to see an example. Thanks

At the moment, the only example is in the validation suite TestHKDF(), located at https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/validat3.cpp#L652 . I think we should probably add some Doxygen comments and a wiki page. I'll add it to the TODO list.

The KeyDerivationFunction base class is mostly a place holder at the moment. We want to change things, and move away from the static DeriveKey function that only takes old style parameters. Ideally, the new interface will allow us provide a little more extensibility, and allow derived objects to participate in a pipeline.

I tried to make that cut-over a while back but it was a failed experiment. Its on the back burner until we see the general shape needed by new password hashing algorithms and KDFs.

Jeff

Re: HKDF example

Jeffrey Walton-3

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 4:27:15 PM UTC-4, Eloisa Guevara G. wrote:
Hi Im looking for a sample of HKDF class
I have a key and I want to derive it, could someone help me?

Here is the class reference, but I would like to see an example. Thanks

A wiki page was added at https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/HKDF .

Jeff