Add Filename, Filetime and Comment support to Gzip?

Add Filename, Filetime and Comment support to Gzip?

Jeffrey Walton-3
Hi Everyone,

Our current GZip classes do not support filenames, filetimes or comments. We have an optional patch that provides them at https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Gzip#Patch.

We recently got a PR to do the same at https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/pull/418. I closed it because we had the patch, but it may have been premature.

My question is, should we use the PR or patch to add the functionality? Or, should we leave it as an add-on?

Jeff

Thanks. Committed at https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/d901ecd9a4de. Another followed that wrote MTIME in big-enan format and cleaned up whitespace at https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/591b13934336.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Jeffrey Walton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 5:53:47 PM UTC-4, Mouse wrote:
>>
>> I think the functionality belongs in the mainstream. Whether it is better
>> to use that PR or the patch - I leave to others to discuss. But I'd prefer
>> to have it built-in rather than an add-on.
>
> Thanks. Committed at
> https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/d901ecd9a4de. Another followed
> that wrote MTIME in big-enan format and cleaned up whitespace at
> https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/591b13934336.

Whoops, the RFC calls out little-endian, not big-endian. Fixed by
reverting at https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/cfa339535bdf.

Jeff